Have you ever heard of this country? Didn't think so. Why am I talking about Kyrgystan??? In the fall, a group of men from our church and from FBC Bonham, TX will travel to a remote village at the invitation of the govenment to help build a school. Jason may be one of them, him and a group of retired men!! When I say remote, I mean it. They will have to fly into the capital, Bishkek and charter a small plane to the region of Batkin. They would stay in the homes of locals, sleeping on dirt floors. No indoor plumbing. Some of the men who went on the last trip bragged about the high class bathroom available to them in the home where they stayed. High class because there was a pole to hold on to while using the restroom. They are not even sure there is electricity in this region, most of the construction will be done the old-fashioned way. I am writing about this to ask you to join us as we pray if Jason should go. There are many reasons for him not to, but it has been clear to me that he has felt drawn to this trip from the time he heard about it. He has his concerns about actually spending time in these conditions, eating what locals eat (think survivor)being on a plane for something like 2 days and being away from us for 2 weeks, especially with a 2 month old baby at home. I also have mine. Surprisingly enough, mine do not have to do with being at home without him for 2 weeks. I know I have many people here who will help me when needed. I will not be able to talk to him for 2 weeks. I would imagine most of the people in this region who live without plumbing and electricity do not know what a cell phone is. So that is my first, not knowing how he is and what he is doing. My second concern is the charter flight that will be required to get to where they are going within the country. Won't even tell you what I heard tonight about the charter flight a few years ago...it did not relieve my fear.
Here is a link with a little more information about Kyrgystan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrgyzstan
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Kyrgystan
Posted by Alicia at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so proud of the two of you for even considering it. Josh and I will definitely be praying!
Wow, that is an exciting thought! We will keep your decision in our prayers.
Post a Comment