In no particular order:
The things a seven year old carefully and slowly selects from the Texas Rangers gift shop when given $10 by Grandma and Papa Don to spend on anything he wants. (A Key to the Ballpark key chain and a guitar shaped Rangers pin)
The power of a two year old set of jaws to remain closed tight when resisting dental exam when for a week he had been excited about seeing Dr Ryan and showing him his teeth. And how the child becomes semi compliant because of the gift of a second balloon and a blown up exam glove.
That there are 2 types of parents in the world, the ones who freak out when told the x-ray must be taken and we might have to use a little force and then gently try to sooth the same 2 year old into opening his mouth for an x-ray and then there is the kind who does not freak out and lifts her child by one arm into the hands of another dental assistant who is about to hold him in place as they take the said x-ray. You can guess which one I am.
Back to the seven year old who was given a new Aggie cap for his birthday. It fit just right, but he is so used to wearing his daddy's hats that he is convinced it is too small. Then goes to exchange it and wants to buy one that is too big and just grow into it. Has to be convinced by dad to find one that will fit and when it is time for a larger cap, we can buy a new one.
How a perfectly peaceful playtime between two brothers can go into nuclear meltdown mode in about one nano second. Usually occurring while I am feeding the baby.
How one m&m can get a pair of glasses to stay.
How quickly a clean house can look like a tornado tore through and it is always the other brother's fault. (OK, this one is annoying, not funny.)
Thinking about how I must sound to them when I hear the seven year old begin to "parent" the two year old. (Maybe I need to think a little more about this one.)
How no one commented last week about the pictures of boys jumping off furniture followed by pictures of busted teeth.
How a two year old got smart enough to look at me and say "luv you mommy" when he is in trouble. How a seven year old forgot how far luv you mommy can go when you are in trouble and instead chooses to smart off and make matters worse.
My thought for today!
The things a seven year old carefully and slowly selects from the Texas Rangers gift shop when given $10 by Grandma and Papa Don to spend on anything he wants. (A Key to the Ballpark key chain and a guitar shaped Rangers pin)
The power of a two year old set of jaws to remain closed tight when resisting dental exam when for a week he had been excited about seeing Dr Ryan and showing him his teeth. And how the child becomes semi compliant because of the gift of a second balloon and a blown up exam glove.
That there are 2 types of parents in the world, the ones who freak out when told the x-ray must be taken and we might have to use a little force and then gently try to sooth the same 2 year old into opening his mouth for an x-ray and then there is the kind who does not freak out and lifts her child by one arm into the hands of another dental assistant who is about to hold him in place as they take the said x-ray. You can guess which one I am.
Back to the seven year old who was given a new Aggie cap for his birthday. It fit just right, but he is so used to wearing his daddy's hats that he is convinced it is too small. Then goes to exchange it and wants to buy one that is too big and just grow into it. Has to be convinced by dad to find one that will fit and when it is time for a larger cap, we can buy a new one.
How a perfectly peaceful playtime between two brothers can go into nuclear meltdown mode in about one nano second. Usually occurring while I am feeding the baby.
How one m&m can get a pair of glasses to stay.
How quickly a clean house can look like a tornado tore through and it is always the other brother's fault. (OK, this one is annoying, not funny.)
Thinking about how I must sound to them when I hear the seven year old begin to "parent" the two year old. (Maybe I need to think a little more about this one.)
How no one commented last week about the pictures of boys jumping off furniture followed by pictures of busted teeth.
How a two year old got smart enough to look at me and say "luv you mommy" when he is in trouble. How a seven year old forgot how far luv you mommy can go when you are in trouble and instead chooses to smart off and make matters worse.
My thought for today!
1 comments:
I didn't comment about Henry's tooth because I was just so shocked you let your boys jump off the couch like that : )
They sound really wild.
And crazy.
I couldn't believe you would have the nerve to try and shower in your own home.
I'm laying it on thick, right?
I do think we spoke over e mail about it, so that's probably why I did not comment, because as you know, I am never shy with a blog comment. I know how much fun it is to receive them, so I try to give them out generously.
I find some of the same things funny you do, but I better go for now before my son jumps off the couch and breaks something.
Post a Comment