When Davis got out of school yesterday, he jumped in the car and yelled, "NO HOMEWORK AND NO SPELLING TEST THIS WEEK and WAKE UP TOMORROW AND LOOK AT MCKINNEYISD.NET TO SEE IF WE GO TO SCHOOL!" Mrs. Saint Pe told them it might be bad weather. I remember that feeling....maybe, just maybe the news would come....NO SCHOOL!!
At 6:45 this morning, the phone rang with notification that school would be delayed 2 hours. Best possible senerio if you ask me...easy, slow morning, no rushing but there will be no spring time school make-up day. After all, they are about to get a 2 week break and those breaks are much needed when spring fever is at full force!! Settle back in to the warm bed. Hear on the radio that schools south of us are going and north of us are not...then 10 minutes later, the radio announcer says McKinney had changed their mind...school is canceled. At first I dread the situation. Had you been in our home from 4-8 last night, you would know why. Davis and Henry were at each other all evening and I hit my limit. Now I am faced with a whole day of it...someone get me out of here!!!!
So what are we to do? My hard working husband braved the streets and is at work. Poor guy, he is missing out on all our fun! I decided to get myself a little attitude adjustment. (Helped by the fact that the boys are playing quite well this morning.) Fudge has been made, hot chocolate consumed, Polar Express viewed and jam thumbprint cookies for tomorrow's cookie exchange are on the way!! Now this is what ice days are all about. Cookies are calling...gotta run!

We put Wyatt's high chair together the other night. Now he gets to enjoy watching meals from a different vantage point! One of these days, he may decide to enjoy some meals for himself!
0 comments:
Post a Comment