Several things about potty training have stuck out to me in my experiences with this issue.
1. This is one thing kids can truly control. Or as the case may be, not control.
2. When they are ready, they are ready.
3. If they are not ready, it will take forever and if they are, it will be reasonably painless.
So last week, Henry wanted to wear "unnerwear" to school. Key being HE WANTED to. He was ready and now I can say with a good amount of confidence that he is officially
*P*O*T*T*Y***T*R*A*I*N*E*D*
My wise friend Tisha has said on a number of occasions that when we wish for the bad, difficult times to pass, we must also realize that the good things are passing right along with them. She is right, so it is with a tinge of sadness that
my baby
is such a big boy

but I am still doing a little dance!!! Make that a big dance...every time he uses the potty!
2 comments:
Oh that is so funny. Did I say that? Hehe. I really need you here. Our PT situation is going very poorly. V E R Y. Help Alicia! How about a little visit to CO? Come on....it will be fun! Knitting, watching Little house, sipping Lattes and potty training Stryder! What could be more pleasant? I'll look forward to it!
You always teach me so much! Adorable post, by the way! Yes, when Cole finally does do it, it will be goodbye to just one more thing for the last time. Thanks, I needed that.
Post a Comment