Monday, January 19, 2009

We Were the Ones

Who gave you strep at church.


In the wee hours of the morning Saturday, Davis came in crying and burning up. Motrin and back to bed. Called the Dr for a visit on Saturday morning. Strep. Better than the flu...antibiotics for this.


Sunday morning, I was not feeling well and still needed to keep Davis home, so Jason and Henry went off to church. Henry was a little grumpy, but I figured he was just wanting to stay home with mommy and Davis. Jason checked on him and they said he was fine. When he got home, his temp was 102. Oops. Called Care Now for the online check in feature. Wait at home, get a call when it is time to come in. They called right on schedule and we were seen quickly. We start with the medical assistant. Told her all I know. She asks if he is complaining of a sore throat. Ummm, he is 2, he does not know where his throat is. Is he complaining of anything else? Again, NO, he is TWO and he whines when he doesn't feel good and he has been doing plenty of that. Apparently not satisfied with my answers, she proceeds to ask him...Does your head hurt? Does your ears hurt? Does your throat hurt? Oh yes, I am serious. She leaves and the Dr comes right in. Tell her what I know. She gives him the QUICK once over and tells me, well, our strep screen is not very accurate, so there is no reason to swab him. Nice to know, thanks for admitting that to me, makes my decision to never come back even easier. Sorry, back to it. Then tells me to watch him and if he does not get better in 24 hours to start the antibiotics she is giving me a scrip for because he probably does have strep. Quality medical advice cost me a $30 co-pay. Filled the prescription and started antibiotics anyway. He is better.


Today, I went in because my head is about to explode. Sinus infection and an infected cyst. Something about a surgeon removing it. Lalalalalalala. Tuned that out for now. Fun times, fun fun!!

This one is doing OK, can't tell, but he is sporting 2 new teeth!!

2 comments:

Tisha said...

You guys aren't very nice for passing that nasty stuff around your church : ) Stryder just said yesterday his chin was his knee. Those questions would have gone right over his head too!
Surgery for you, again? No! No, no and no! It can't be. I think you'll just clear right up. Yes, yes and yes!

The Four Of Us said...

Praying for you guys.