Where do I begin?? We got back from San Antonio last Friday. It was a great week and I am so thankful we were able to make the trip. After we got home, things went downhill...quick! About 1am Friday night/Saturday morning, Henry came in and told us he had thrown up. His fever was 103. I got him settled back to sleep and laid restlessly listening for him the rest of the night. Saturday morning, he seemed to be doing a bit better, so I decided to wait on a Dr visit. We did, however, have to stay home from a planned birthday celebration for Henry and our neices, Avery and Reagan, with all the Freys. At least he did not understand what he was missing out on!!! By Saturday afternoon, I decided he did need to see a Dr. We made a quick trip to Acute Kids Care and he had bronchitis. Illnesses that require antibiotics are my favorite...24 hr results!! Indeed, by Sunday afternoon he was feeling better. I kept him home Sunday evening from church. I was so glad that he would be fine by his birthday on Tuesday!
We ate supper and about 5 minutes after we finished, my what I thought all along was severe indigestion hit me suddenly. I went to take my medicine for it and soon after lost my supper. Jason called and said they were on the way home and I said HURRY!!! He got home and got the boys in bed and I was miserable. I could not keep anything down and the pain was constant. All night I wondered if I should go to the ER. I called the Dr's office first thing Monday morning and after speaking to the nurse I got my appointment scheduled for 10. By this time, Jason had left to take Henry and Wyatt for scheduled well visits so I drove myself to the Dr's office. I got sick again trying to sign in and as I emerged from the bathroom, got quick attention. The Dr's first question to me was..."Do you still have your gall bladder?" After looking me over, she sent me for a sonogram. Jason picked me up and we went to radiology. By 1:00, we were waiting in the surgeon's office. He admitted me to the hospital for antibiotics and my best friend, PAIN MEDICATION! I had surgery Tuesday around noon to remove my "angry" gall bladder. It was a laproscopic procedure, but because it happened so late in the day, I was not ready to come home and spent Tuesday night in the hospital as well.
I came home Wednesday and Jason's mom was here to help. Grandma's ROCK and I am so thankful for my mom spending 2 days here and thankful that Jason's mom is back in Texas and close enough to help as well. Just to throw a little more fun in, Davis came home from school and complained about his throat. Jason ran him in last night...Strep. Please pray it will clear up and not come back. He needs to have his tonsils out, but we would really like to wait until summer still.
So here I am thinking about all of this. I am feeling better, not like I had surgery 2 days ago. Mom's don't have time to be sick, right? I was sad to miss Henry's birthday, but he did not know the difference. Grandma spoiled him rotten and made it a special day. Jason ended up staying at his job so we have insurance to cover all of this. God is GOOD...ALL THE TIME!!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Don't Know Whether to Laugh or Cry!!
Posted by Alicia at 10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OMGoodness, Alicia! I hadn't seen a new post from you in awhile and I just had a feeling something was up. Last night I didn't see you at church. I should've gone with my gut. Hope your gut is feeling better! Take care and let us know if you need anything.
Wow Alicia! I don't know whether to laugh or cry just reading this. Glad you're all alright! What a whirlwind.
The hits just keep on coming! I am sorry about all the illnesses, but am pleased to see that you have a great outlook on it all! Go girl!
Glad you are feeling better. Let us know if you need anything.
Post a Comment