A few weeks ago, Keana, my sweet sister in law posed the question..."What is normal anyway?" Well said.
Right now, our normal means:
I am well on the mend from my surgery. It was so easy I could not even milk it for much!! The help and meals have been much appreciated and I am sure that is part of the reason this has been relatively easy recovery. In hindsight, I am not sure why I didn't think to have the surgeon go ahead and remove my appendix while he was in there. A tummy tuck might have been nice also.
And I am kicking myself for not getting to know the anesthesiologist a little better. Although, with a name like Dr. Slaughter (not kidding) it might be better this way. But my point is, I remember being wheeled into surgery and he looked down at me and said I am giving you some medicine. I never even saw the inside of the operating room. I could use a dose of that drug every night (or even once a week.) Instant sleep. Deep sleep. Because around here, that does not come easily for me. Wyatt still wakes up at all different hours of the night, sometimes once, sometimes 3 times. I have no answers. Normal???????
Things with Jason's job situation have not changed. Keep praying.
Today is April 1. Some know it as April Fools Day. In pediatric medical circles, it means the END of cold and flu season. I hope so. I used to never go to the Dr's office. Now with 3 kids, all the nurses at Raintree Pediatrics know all of us by name!! Although strep returned, we are still planning to wait until summer to have Davis' tonsils removed. The fact that he had it again, does cement the decision to have the surgery.
Every night, I look at my husband and my boys and I am grateful. They are a wonderful bunch of Frey Guys. Things aren't easy right now. Seems like when I think the plate can't get any fuller with all the stuff, it does. I would be lying if I said we are not struggling. We have each other and more than that, we serve the living God who gives peace beyond all understanding. And he is pouring it on right now.
1 comments:
Great question! No such thing as normal? That's what I'm thinking....
Loved the update and hearing that you are doing so well after your surgery. Will continue praying for you all. I wasn' thinking about it being the end of cold/flu season. Yay!
Post a Comment