Thursday, July 9, 2009

To Davis

Dear Davis,
I can not believe you are eight years old today. It seems like such a short time ago I was holding you in my arms rocking you to sleep. Now, when you crawl onto my lap, you smush me, but you won't catch me complaining because at least you will still crawl up there for a snuggle. As independent as you are, I love that you still need your mama!!!
There are so many things I love about you. Your smile, your tender heart, your hugs and "I love you moms," your creativity, your inquisitiveness, your sense of humor, the example you set for your brothers, your ability in so many things. Had I written out a list of what I would want my son to be like, you are all this and more.
8 years ago, God gave us you. It is not by mistake that you came first into our lives. You bring tremendous joy to us every day. I love watching you grow and learn. I love the person you are becoming! I believe God has a tremendous plan for your future and I am grateful he has given me the responsibility to be your mom.
I love you,
Mom

1 comments:

Grandma Jill said...

I am so crying! Love, Grandma
Davis, I love you more than you will ever know. You are my great joy. Hugs and kisses. God bless you every day. Grandma