We woke up Tuesday morning to discover large snowflakes falling. We had a light dusting that vanished as quickly as it came, but it was enough to fill the house with excitement on a cold December morning!
It is hard to believe December has arrived and I am still trying to figure how it came so quickly! We are getting ready for Christmas, we got the lights on the outside of the house and the inside is slowly catching up! I have done most of my shopping online and it is all due to arrive at Jason's office since the house is filled with curious little boys and not with space to hide gifts!! Davis is counting down the days until his Christmas break. I am almost done with my Biology class....only the final left next Thursday! Last night, I even got the opportunity to stay up late so I could get into the specific class I want to take next semester. At A&M, I had a friend that worked in the registration department and I always got the classes I wanted with no stress. But despite the fact I hold a Bachelor's degree, I am currently considered a freshman, so midnight it was!!
This will be another "scaled back" Christmas, but I don't think we will go back. We already have more than we possibly need, but more than anything, I want the boys to know that when Jesus gets lost in Christmas, we have missed out on the best gift ever given. Jesus is the only one who can meet our every need and fill our hearts with hope and joy! When Jesus gets lost in our Christmas lists and shopping and baking and in wondering how it will all get done...I just end up focused on the wrong thing and stressed out and the joy seems to vanish and it all becomes a chore. I am trying to slow down this Christmas. I have been reading the Old Testament promises of THE Wonderful Counselor, THE Mighty God, THE Everlasting Father, THE Prince of Peace.
Two thousand years ago, the angels appeared the to shepherds announcing GOOD NEWS of GREAT JOY that will be for all the people. In the town of David, a Savior has been born. And the shepherds left their fields to go see "this thing that has happened." Have you seen Jesus this Christmas season? Don't miss him!!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Welcome December!
Posted by Alicia at 9:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for the reminder of the "reason" for the season. Love you, dear child of mine.
Post a Comment