Because who isn't thinking about politics today. Funny that I read this verse today: The authorities that exist have been established by God. Romans 13:1 It was a good reminder of who ultimately sits in control and he is in control today just as he has always been. I believe God is alive and active and personal and at work in our lives sometimes when we don't even realize it!
So I figure people sit in a couple of camps today....happy camp, because the legislation passed last night is fabulous. Or...disgusted camp, because what happened yesterday is unbelievable. Or...maybe you are in the I just don't know camp....maybe it might work, maybe it might not, guess we have to see what happens.
Personally, my political leanings are conservative. I usually don't really put myself out there, I haven't been to a Tea party demonstration or a political rally, but I do speak my voice through my vote and an occasional sign in my yard. I do my homework and vote for candidates who I feel will best represent me in office. I am also thankful to God we live in a country where our voices can be heard without fear of reprimand. Where would we be if we couldn't vote or march to Washington to say we don't agree or even that yes, we do!
Politcally, I am not sure there is a "label" for what I think. I happen to believe that our system of government works better when one party does not control everything and politicians have to work harder to find the right path for most of the people. Let's face it, there are some poeple who will never be happy!! I also think personal political agendas of elected officials are out of control and the voice of the people is straining against them to be heard. Had the situation been reversed and it was a right wing agenda that was pushed through yesterday with all the wrangling and back room deals, it would be just as dangerous to our country. I can not pretend everyone in this country sees the world through my eyes. They don't. Who's right? Who's wrong? We have a human tendancy to think what we believe is the only way to go, but sometimes, it might not be. I don't have all the answers. Quite frankly, I don't want to.
We live in a democracy. We can argue until the sun quits shining about politics. We can argue just as long about the healthcare legistation. Who's right? Who's wrong? Maybe we all are!! So what are we to do? Speak up. Let those you agree with know you agree with them. Support them with your vote, maybe with your money, your time. And if you don't agree, let that be known too. Show them with your vote, your money, your time. And then be thankful for the freedom we have to do it. And remember, too, the One who created us, who knows us best, holds us in his hand. He is the one control....no matter what happens in Washingtion!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Been Thinking
Posted by Alicia at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's been interesting, right? I'll tell ya what Alicia, I'm just so __________ today about what's happened. Ahhhhh!!!!
I have had many of the same thoughts today! Though greatly disappointed, I wasn't shocked that it passed. I have been reminded over and over today, that my trust and hope is not based on my government, but on my Lord who is sovereign over all. I find comfort in, Hebrews 4:13 that says, "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Blessings...
Post a Comment