Friday, March 12, 2010

A Bit of a Misnomer!

Spring Break starts in a few hours. Except....I know the schedule for the next week and nothing about it says BREAK! I'll spare you ALL the details, but we have sleep overs, a birthday party to host, a trip to the Arboretum, friends to see, places to go and a lab report, take home mid-term exam and a lab practical to study for. Not to mention we LOSE an hour of sleep this weekend. And speaking of that, no one asked me (or any mom) about this daylight savings time. Most moms I know CAN NOT afford to lose a precious hour of sleep....and we all know it is true, once you have kids, you don't make it up in the Fall, because they just wake up earlier!!





Is there a fast forward button??????? But when I stop to think about it, we might already be in fast forward. After all, it is the middle of March, folks. 2010, which means in less than 2 weeks....Henry will be 4. It can not be possible, but it seems no matter what I do, he is still going to be 4. He is desperate for it to be here now. Why are all my "fwiends" 4 already mommy. I am the "wast" one mommy. And after 4 he might have the audacity to turn 5 and he may loose all of his speech impediments. And he then couldn't ask me, "Are all the skewetons in your cwass cweepy mommy?"



And for the next installment of "Out of the Mouths of Babes" my 8 year old informed his friends over breakfast last weekend that his mommy has books with pictures of naked men in them. Thank goodness, my friend realized he was talking about my text books and didn't call CPS on me. So Davis came home and we had to have a little talk about why it was not a good thing to say and show him that they were not (completely) naked....the guy has on a speedo.

0 comments: