Despite my best efforts, Henry turned 4 today. Birthdays are so bittersweet to me. To say he was excited was an understatement and his joy brought joy to me!!! But when I think about how quickly these last 4 years have gone by, I am a little sad. It seems like just yesterday I was holding this sweet baby in my arms.
Here is my two year old wonder boy tip-toeing through the tulips. At the Arboretum last week, he trampled on them!!

The big 3....it was only big enough for a little while. For about 6 months now, he has been asking about 4!!
He made it! Even slept in his Spiderman costume so he could look his best for pictures!!
Once upon a time, we longed for another baby. We wondered if it would be. We had to wait because God had a plan to give us Henry at just the right time. Every single day, Henry makes me smile. It might be his hugs, his laughter, or the cuddle time we get when he emerges groggy from a nap. Often, it is a crazy wardrobe choice or a compliment for "the best dinner ever." Whatever it is, Henry brings joy wherever he goes and we are so blessed to have this amazing little (don't tell him I said little!) Frey Guy in our world. There are great things ahead in his future...if only I could slow the time down just a little...Henry is often in a hurry to move on to bigger and better things!!
Happy Birthday Henry!
0 comments:
Post a Comment