Henry had his 4 year well visit this morning. He's 41.5 inches which translates to just about 3 1/2 feet tall and just under 40 pounds. No wonder I can't pick him up any more. He breezed through the "developmental milestones" list and showed off his amazing ability to hop on 1 foot while moving the other. He's proud, but you just have to see it to get it. He got a clean bill of health!!! Now I know he's healthy and happy but then I had to tell him about the shots.
You should have seen how quickly he turned on the tears! And then I remembered.....4 year old shots=NO FUN!!!!!!!! Henry never cried for shots. In fact the last shot he had was the flu shot visit where he was consoling his big brother when it was all said and done. No more Mr Tough Guy! As soon as the nurses walked in, I had to ask for reinforcements. They are so quick and it took less than 10 seconds to administer all 4 of them, but Henry carried on and on. He even managed a 2nd sucker at the desk on our way out. To say he has been milking it would be an understatement. First, he couldn't climb into the car and then he told me he "could never walk any more." I gave him some Motrin at home and we went to have lunch with Davis. His best friend Izzy was there and we went to the park after lunch....no sign of the earlier trauma! He ran and scootered and climbed, but the minute we parted ways, he was mysteriously stricken again. I can't believe he made it all the way home. I thought he was going to have to be left in the middle of the street because of the "never walking any more" thing. But then we got home and went to play in the back yard and I get Mr Basketball back.
You should have seen how quickly he turned on the tears! And then I remembered.....4 year old shots=NO FUN!!!!!!!! Henry never cried for shots. In fact the last shot he had was the flu shot visit where he was consoling his big brother when it was all said and done. No more Mr Tough Guy! As soon as the nurses walked in, I had to ask for reinforcements. They are so quick and it took less than 10 seconds to administer all 4 of them, but Henry carried on and on. He even managed a 2nd sucker at the desk on our way out. To say he has been milking it would be an understatement. First, he couldn't climb into the car and then he told me he "could never walk any more." I gave him some Motrin at home and we went to have lunch with Davis. His best friend Izzy was there and we went to the park after lunch....no sign of the earlier trauma! He ran and scootered and climbed, but the minute we parted ways, he was mysteriously stricken again. I can't believe he made it all the way home. I thought he was going to have to be left in the middle of the street because of the "never walking any more" thing. But then we got home and went to play in the back yard and I get Mr Basketball back.
Until nap time when he wanted to sleep in his underwear and saw the band-aids that serve as a reminder of his pain. He's got the drama gene and the older he gets the better the show.
P.S. Nap time's over, let the fun begin!
0 comments:
Post a Comment