Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's A Trade Off

And last night, I was on the losing end. Because I was learning about this:


(Technically, I was cutting open a cow's eyeball, but Davis had my camera so I wasn't able to photograph that for ya!!)



instead of watching this:


Henry's Children's Choir performance.

(The funniest part about this picture is Henry looks so short. He's not, unless he is being compared to two particularly tall 5 year olds!!)

I sent the video camera with Jason and the point and click with Davis. Henry and I watched the video together this morning and he sung right along and LOVED seeing himself captured on video, so we're good! We even have an encore viewing scheduled for later. I am really enjoying my classes, but this semster, it meant going to class a couple evenings a week. It's not too bad most of the time. I go to class and daddy gets to do bedtime...and on Wednesday nights, I don't even have to cook because the Frey Guys go to church for dinner and choir. Not quite Mom's night out, but.... I will also say, Jason is GREAT about all of this. He is a great dad and husband!! The boys are so funny, too, they just wave me right out the door and wish me luck!

I have been so blessed to be home with my boys all of these years. I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is a new chapter....a great chapter in our lives. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed going back to school. I feel smart again, I get to hold intelligent conversations with adults that have nothing to do with poop. I have a tremendous sense of accomplishment when I have done well on a test or an assignment. This is something I have thought about doing for so long and the time is right, but last night, I was a little sad.

0 comments: