Davis and I went on a date last night. He won't call it a date, but he hasn't come up with a better alternative, so a date it was. And this wasn't your typical date...we went to hear a talk given by Fabian Cousteau, the grandson of Jacques Cousteau. He has continued in the family footsteps and showed many pictures and talked about the Earth's oceans. It was so interesting! Davis was so funny, he brought a clipboard and paper and took copious notes throughout the evening. Here are some of the things he wrote down:
*SCUBA diving is fun.
*Oceans are 99% of living space on the earth and less than 5% has been explored.
*People protect what they love. Jacques Cousteau
*Fabian Cousteau has been swimming with sharks and humpback whales.
*There is a trash patch in the Pacific Ocean the size of Canada.
*Coral reefs are the rainforests of the ocean.
*Killer whales aren't whales, they are dolphins. (Fortunately, Davis was concentrating writing this fact when Cousteau mentioned dolphins are an animal species that have sex for fun. Bet you didn't know that...and I'm glad it didn't lead Davis and I into THAT discussion!!!!).jpg)
At the end of the presentation, we were able to go up and meet him. Davis got his autograph and a kind person snapped their picture and emailed it to me because I was not prepared for that!
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Another Great Date!
Posted by Alicia at 1:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Grandma Jill used to watch HIS Grandfather, Jacques, many years ago on TV. I was enthralled. Years later, when I returned to school to finish my degree, my favorite course was a science course called, "The Oceans"...covered chemistry, biology, physics, physical science and geology. Grandma should have been an oceanographer!
Post a Comment