Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Tough

I am sorting through baby clothes today. We're having a garage sale this weekend, and they take up an awful lot of space in our little house. It is time for them to go. There are a few items I am saving like the outfits they wore when they came home fron the hospital. It's hard though. Not because I want more babies to fill them, but because when I see this:

I remember how much I loved to put it on Davis. Just a simple tiny onesie, but I loved it. And now, my little baby went off to camp WITHOUT ME last week. Almost 9, 4th grade. Oh the time has passed so quickly.

And then there is this:

After 3 years of trying to have another baby, I found out I was pregnant. I went out and bought this just a couple of days later. Girl or boy, I didn't know, but I had to buy something to celebrate a miracle. Now that baby is 4. Have you seen him lately? He's ginormous and loves to jump on me. At least he will still crawl up in my lap for a snuggle, because the one I bought this for:

Turned 2 last week and my mama's boy won't hardly do me the favor of putting his head on my shoulder and allowing me to rock him to sleep. I bought this shirt as part of a trio...all of them had one to match and now the little one is wearing the hand me down version instead.
Time is fleeting and I have sweet memories. I am overwhelmed with joy when I think about our three beautiful boys. It is so fun to watch them grow. I love when they discover something new and have a new skill to show off. It is delightful...the pride on their faces, the excitement in their hearts. Exciting, but also bittersweet, because with each new milestone, it means they have outgrown the last one. Just like they have outgrown these tiny clothes.







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully said! Cole is 5 today and it's hard this year...............

Stela Holcombe said...

Oh man ... I wish I was in town so we could go out and cry over the fact that our babies are growing up. I have just one more school year before Leeson begins kindergarten ... yes, the time flies just too fast. Great post, Alicia. Miss you!!! So much, my friend!

Grandma Jill said...

Ok, you were right....total tear jerker. Now you will understand when I cried the whole way home when I took you to college. And other tears you never saw, like when I looked into Wyatt's little face and saw my baby girl once more. A fleeting moment, however. Now it's gone. He looks like a big boy. Motherhood means permanent lump in throat, sometimes in remission, but never far away.

Rebecca said...

dude! you made me cry!