Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back To School!

We had a wonderful summer this year!! We vacationed in San Antonio and Colorado, spent lots of time in the water, saw a few movies, and played lots! But alas, all good things must come to an end! Davis and I both started school this week.


I think the younger Frey Guys had mixed emotions about Davis returning to school. On one hand, they love their bubba and he is a great source of entertainment and ideas! On the other hand, it means days filled with a little less competition for my attention!


Davis started 4th grade. Wow is all I can say! I am excited about his teacher....I think she is going to be really good for him. I already get the impression she doesn't miss much. He has a new school schedule and it is kicking my behind out of bed far too early in the mornings. The afternoons are certainly nice because they are not so rushed! I think it will be a good year for him!!

Henry will start his pre-school program in a few weeks. He is so excited! He has his backpack ready to go and has been getting a jump start on his homework this week. He's trying to perfect writing his name!

I am in my second semester of Anatomy and Physiology. I have a wonderful professor who is a gifted teacher and makes class really fun and still challenging! In January, I will be applying to nursing school to start next fall. It is so exciting for me to think about that a year from now, I might be starting the nursing program! (Because I will still be in a pre-req class at the time, I will be docked a point on the admission process, so I may have to wait 1 more semester.) When Davis was born, my nurses were fantastic and it was the first time the thought of becoming a nurse entered my mind. Over the last 9 years, that thought has become a dream and I am moving closer to it becoming reality and it feels GREAT!!!

0 comments: