Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fair Day!!

Back in my day, when October rolled around, students received a ticket to the Great State Fair of Texas and a day off school to use it. Davis got a ticket valid only on Sundays and no day off. He's lucky, though, because his mom knows the joy of a fair day. So with the help of an accomplice, Grandma, the boys and I took our own Fair Day. The night before, I told the boys they wouldn't go to school the next day, but they didn't know why. That morning, we got up and headed to the DART train station. They still didn't know our destination....until a friend from our church walked up and I accidentally spilled the beans when she wondered what we were doing at the train station on a Tuesday morning. The boys were jumping around and so excited.


Last time we went to the Fair, Henry was a toddler and Wyatt was a bitty baby.
Now, they are all big enough to have lots of fun!


Wyatt rode his first ride!!

Henry was tall enough to drive bumper cars with Davis!!

Look Out!

Two Cool Dudes!!

We got a bird's eye view on the Sky Ride!!

Normally, we do the fair pretty cheap. There are so many fun, free things to do. But on Tuesdays, all the rides are discounted and Grandma wanted to make sure the boys had a good time, so we missed many of our usual things because we spent so much time on the midway. And we did have a great time!! Even me! I saw this ride and knew I had to go on it!!

It didn't disappoint!!! Toward the end, I am on the very left!

0 comments: