Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Good Mom

Yesterday I had to take Henry to the Dr. We have been there often lately and he learned about the suckers they give out at the end. So I am now late to my own OB appt. and I used to sucker to hurry him along and also thought it will buy me a nice quiet child in the OB's office. Walk in, sit down watch everyone stare at me while my 2 yr. old sucks down on a lolly pop given to him by a PEDIATRICIAN!!!!! If I could only send mind signals...he is hungry, he has pink eye and an ear infection...you do what you gotta do. Then in walks another mom with her 3 yr old. He sweetly asks for a snack and out comes the bag of healthy green grapes. Why do you do this to me????

1 comments:

Tisha said...

Oh that's funny.
I ALWAYS carry suckers in my diaper bag. You never know when you might need one to pacify. Who cares about baby teeth and good health when you need a quiet kid for a few minutes!? I think YOU are the good mom.