Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Brotherly Love

This morning I had a PTA Board Meeting at the school. It wrapped up and as we were walking down the hall to leave, I realized Davis' class was in the hall on a bathroom break. The last time we saw Davis at school, I had to run out of the school with Henry SCREAMING because Davis was not coming with us. I see Davis get up to go into the restroom and I am thinking how can we walk FAST and avoid that situation. Not going to happen. From way down the hall, Henry looks up and sees Davis and takes off RUNNING toward him, yelling "Dadus, Dadus, Dadus!" He arrives and throws his arms around his brother, best buddy and playmate.

We got out of there only because we were leaving with Izzy. As soon as we got to the car, he began to wonder why Dadus was not coming with us. 3:30, little man, you must wait until 3:30. Davis is filling his brain up for now. Play time is coming.

When I was pregnant with Henry, I wondered how things would be between the two of them, with such a big age gap and Davis being in school. The picture is emerging...they are brothers and all that comes with it, some days come with big hugs and longing to be together, other days they are at each other all day long. One thing is clear, they love each other best they can understand at 2 and 6 years old. Precious boys.

0 comments: