Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Glasses







I have been calling around and tyring to find the best place to get Henry's glasses. We have been to a few stores and if we wanted to, could have shelled out well over $300. We have a re-check in 6 months and the health of my children is important, but seriously can you really expect me to pay $300 for glasses for Henry. This is Henry we are talking about!! Monkey man, Mr. Destructo, the kid who has already bent a pair in one store. (shhhhhh!!) Besides, I don't spend that much on mine and I know how to care for them. Also, finding toddler sized frames is not easy. Most stores have a limited to no selection. Online I saw an ad for Eye Masters, 2 pair of kids glasses for $99. Sounds too good to be true compared to what I have already seen. And it means we would have a BACK-UP!!! Maybe I can even match them to different outfits. (My mom is now laughing!!!) Call them up, ask my questions about selection and what does the fine print say. Apparently they have a good selection and no fine print. We head down there tonight on the way to church and they weren't lying...they did have a good selection. I quickly picked several frames. Henry really likes to put them on....then take them off for closer inspection. Just how far can they bend out of shape? (shhhh, again!) Minor meltdowns occur, but manage to pick 2 pair. Can you believe they even have the lenses and they will be ready by the time we are finished at church which means I do not have to take him back by myself. They ring me up and do you know in Texas, you do not pay tax on glasses!!! $99 even. 2 pair, will be ready in 2 hours. I guess every once in a while things that are too goo to be true, actually are true!!
We picked them up, got them all fitted and he is so cute staring at himself in the little mirror. The funny thing is, the guy helping us is watching him try to take them off and put them on and bend them and he asked if we wanted to wear one pair home. Hahahah, you are so funny guy. I know you would like more of my money, maybe in 6 months, but I would prefer not to return tomorrow needing to buy a new pair. (We did not buy the replacement insurance...$30 per pair and then a $20 co-pay for replacement. You do the math.)

2 comments:

Keana said...

What a cutie patootie!!! Henry, you are looking good!

LFrey said...

Grandma says you are looking like a 4 year old!
Grandma Frey