I think there are people in this world who lived cooped up in their homes, laying around watching TV all day. Every once in a while, a day like this does a body good. I don't live a thrilling life, not planning to climb Mt Everest or anything like that, but today, an adventure to Wal Mart would be about as good as a safari. OK, Target. Have a few things I need. Milk, bread, these are easy for Jason. I got some cute pants to wear in the hospital and I need a shirt to go with them, need some conditioner for my hair. These things I want to do for myself. I do not like watching people do everything for me. It is hard to sit by. Not that they do it wrong, I just feel lazy. Jason has done so much. Takes Davis to school in the morning, works all day, then comes home and does all "my stuff." Wives often gripe about their husbands not being helpful. We joke about wanting them to live a day in our shoes, you know, so they can appreciate how much we do for them. As I watch him care for me, my heart hurts a little. He already does so much, he is a hard worker at his job, he is a wonderful father to our boys, he is a great husband and he already does lots to help in our home. I want to take the joking back because he is exhausted, yet he does not complain. He continues to pour out his love through these acts of service. So I sit and watch him and my family and friends. One friend wiped up my kitchen, my mom cleaned out the closet in the nursery, another friend bought diapers for me. I am grateful, I know it is for the best right now, but it is still not easy. I want most of all to keep this baby growing inside until the right time for him to enter this world. God, please give me patience and thank you for all the poeple in my life who care enough about us to help.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It's times like these that it's great to have a Frey guy! They are the best!
I'm glad you have people close by to love you. If you need anything from the greater Houston area we're there! :)
Post a Comment