Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Old Frey Guy


Even big boys have candles. Now of course it was 100 degrees outside which means our house is already warm. I was concerned the heat from a candle bonfire would further the problem, so I opted for 1 candle for every 5 years. (7x5=35 My husband is old!!)


Let me tell you what a trooper the birthday boy was. We decided to go to Texas Road House for dinner. As we sat down, Davis slid into the booth, followed by Henry, then Jason. I sat across from them and realized Jason would be in charge of Henry during his birthday meal. But the logistics of trying to move and then both boys wanting to move would be problematic, so we stuck with it. Then Jason's steak comes out and he cuts into it and it is bleeding. As much as I have tried in our 10 years (almost) of marriage, he has still not come around to eating steak like this. He cut into it and began to eat not wanting to risk the delay in having it cooked to his liking. (We were dining with a 2 year old and a sleeping 6 week old who could awake at any minute demanding food.) I still can not believe he ate the whole thing.


We have a date at a fancy and expensive local steakhouse for our 10th anniversary this weekend. That is, if I can convince Wyatt to take a bottle from Grandma. Hopefully his steak will be delicious then.


I love you Jason, Happy Birthday!!

0 comments: