Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What a Day


It was suposed to be a fun MOPS outing to the Wiggly Play Center. It is a great place for young pre-schoolers to burn off the it is too hot to go outside energy they have been storing up. While they burn off the energy, us non-helicopter type moms can sit and enjoy some conversation and not worry about our kids escaping the play area even if they wanted to. It was suposed to be....
On the way there, I decided to pull into Sonic to get a snack since I had forgot one and the Wiggly snack bar is horribly over priced. Order, wait...nothing. Push red button again, order again, wait...nothing. Henry "I WANT SNACK, I WANT SNACK." Push button, cancel order, must be on time to greet MOPS members at the playdate I arranged. We arrived all on time to receive the group discount only to not be believed we had the required number of kids present to get the discount admission rate. As they attempted to herd us for a head count finally the only employee with a brain said, "look at them, there has got to be 16 here." Thank you. So the first member of our group starts the entry process (it is complicated but helps with safety issues) when the power goes out. The teenage employees look at each other and all pull out their cell phones. We stand there watching them gather away from us and track down paper plates to begin fanning themselves all while saying nothing to us. I know it is not their fault the power went out, but please at least offer us a paper plate fan and say I am sorry ladies, we are not sure what is happening. After waiting a while we decide to step outside and discuss a plan B for our suposed to be fun morning. It is decided to head to the mall playground where it would be free to play. Us and half of all the other tired of being stuck inside on a hot day moms are at the mall playground where, I am not kidding, the sun is shining in heating the place to I am sure at least 90 degrees. Now we have played and kids are hungry so we slowly begin the trek to the food court where it is also 90 degrees. Eat, ride the carousel and bribe my I woke up at 6am two year old with a cookie to get to the car and head home. Suposed to be a fun relaxing morning with friends turned into a whole lotta work accented by a whole lot of screaming.

0 comments: