Friday, August 15, 2008

The Good Ole Days


Don't get me wrong...I am living in good days. I have 3 healthy boys and all that comes with it....noise, legos, jumping, sports, sibling rivalry, hugs, kisses, "hold me mommy" and "I love you's." It is a great package and I love most every moment of it. I could not ask for a better life, God has blessed us greatly.


But today, I woke up with only 1 kid. The boys and I were all suposed to go with my mom to San Antonio for my nephew's b-day this weekend. I was really looking forward to it. It is fun to be together and the boys love to play together. My mom in her great wisdom decided I needed the break and took Davis and Henry with her. They spent last night with her so they could make an early start of it this morning. Aaah, the peace and quiet of having only 1 child. How come when Davis was a baby, it did not feel like peace and quiet. I thought I knew what overwhelmed felt like. Then a few years later, Henry came along and then I really thought...OK, this is overwhelmed. Not all the time of course. Now Wyatt is here and many days I feel like I am sprinting just to keep up. Mommy Olympics, anyone?? Again, I love it, this is what I was meant for. But today is nice. Nice and quiet. And I will enjoy it and at the same time I miss my boys and their noise and legos and jumping and sibling rivalry and the hugs, kisses, the "hold me mommys" and the "I love yous."

0 comments: