Thursday, August 21, 2008

Say A Prayer


We went "Back to School" tonight. It was good to see friends and meet Davis' new 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Saint Pe. (Pay)


G U L P...did I just say his S E C ON D grade teacher. My Davis, 2nd grade. Yes. 7 years old and 2nd grade. Give me a minute to let reality set in. OK, it is not that bad.


Anyway, tonight when we walked in the classroom, I knew it was going to be good. How do I know?? My second grade teacher was a lady named Mrs. Ashley. I remember 2nd grade...we did cool stuff all year. I will spare you the boring details, but I do remember. So what did I see?? All of the chairs in Mrs. Saint Pe's classroom had chair covers with a little pocket on them. Mrs. Ashley had these in her room as well. Things have come along a bit, Davis' is blue and yellow. Mrs. Ashley's were brown. I told you I remember!! Mrs. Saint Pe has been teaching 15 years and this is her first year at Vega. He also has a couple of buddies in his class which may be good or bad...the daily folder will tell!


All I ask is when you read this entry, take a minute and say a prayer for Davis and Mrs. Saint Pe as they embark on a new adventure called 2nd grade.

0 comments: