Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wow!! Davis!!!

Yesterday was report card day! McKinney does not use an A, B, C type grading scale. They are graded 1-4 and they do not correspond with the letter grades. 1 means they don't have a clue, 2 means they are getting a clue and 3 means they have a clue and are working on grade level. 4 means and I quote..."highly developed/consistently demonstrates exemplary understanding and application of skills in a variety of complex situations" Davis received a 4 in math, science and music. He also received 3's for all the other grades. This is the note his teacher wrote:



"Davis is making good progress in 2nd grade. I have seen so much growth in both reading and writing this year. I am very pleased with his initiative to take on independent research. The tornado powerpoint was completely his idea and he did a good job on it."

Hello, INDEPENDENT RESEARCH!!! I don't even know how to make a powerpoint presentation!! I told him that and he rolled his eyes and told me it was "easy peasy!"

I am so proud of him. He is a very hard worker and sets high expectations of himself. God has blessed us with this wonderful little boy!!

2 comments:

Tisha said...

Woohoo Davis! You must be a proud mama and papa of your smart boy! A power point presentation? That's impressive!

Grandma Jill said...

Yippeeee!!!! That's awesome Davis! Grandma Jill and Papa Don are VERY PROUD OF U!