Turn out the lights......the (2nd grade) party's over. And what a party it has been. There must be something special about 2nd grade in our family. I can't remember much, but I still remember Mrs. Ashley's 2nd grade class. I have a feeling Davis will always say the same thing about Mrs. Sain't Pe's class. She is a fabulous teacher and I am on a mission to convince her to move back up to 3rd grade and teach him again next year! (It's not working, pesky TAKS testing.)
It has been such a great year for Davis in so many ways. Socially, he had a fun time with his best friend Zane in the same class. When we knew they would be together, Jen (my friend and Zane's mom) and I were not sure what would happen. It turned out to be great. They often got to be reading partners and even teamed up on some special research projects. Academically, he has come so far. He is really reading well. I was told many times when he was struggling...it will click, one day reading will just click and it has!!!! Yea!!! Of course for Davis, math and science are his favorite subjects. He has started learning multiplication and division. We'll see how many of these math facts he can learn over the summer! He has always been so inquisitive and now, instead of asking about something, he'll walk up to you with a "prediction" about it!
I am so proud of all the things he has accomplished this year. He is quite the smart, funny, independent, handsome big boy. It is a transformation that is occurring too quickly for this mommy!

1 comments:
I can still remember you at MOPS for those first few weeks after kindergarten started. These boys are growing up! I'm gonna need you in August!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment