Monday, July 6, 2009

An Extraordinary Ordinary Life

There is no glitz and glam in the Frey home. You will find a little (or most likely alot) of dust and grime. Tons of laundry and some unwashed dishes. And I know there is alot of pee around the toilet. It is a little out of hand now that Henry has decided he is big enough to stand. (Moms of boys reading this are thinking sympathetically and if you are a mom of a girl, well I don't know what you are thinking!!!)
We did not go out for a big 4th of July celebration on our boat at the lake. We were too busy taking care of a 7 year old recovering from surgery and a 1 year old cutting some mean molars. Not to mention, we don't have a boat at the lake!!

Then, I read this today:
"The longer I'm a mom, and a wife, and a seriously underpaid source of unsolicited opinions, I realize the way the Lord has constructed my life is exactly the way it's intended to be."
I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't. But today it gave me pause to think. Our life is full of ordinary every day kind of stuff. But our life is extraordinary because it is the life God has created for us. I want to do a better job looking for his hand in our lives, to recognize it even in the small things and to follow where he is taking me!

0 comments: