Among other things, these stand out:
*I am no longer in high school.....DUH!!! (My bio prof spent the better part of the first class "driving" home this point and then I was disappointed when he did not prove his point by giving a quiz on the second day of class.)
*Biology has experienced some changes in 17 years, mostly due to advancements in technology. As I read through the textbook, I am amazed at the intricate details of God's creation!!!!
*Retention of the material takes a little more effort these days. (I admit it is probable that had I given it as much effort the first time around, my transcript would be a prettier picture.)
*The eye doctor told me yesterday I would benefit from an over the counter pair of reading glasses to help with eye strain.
*There is a website where you can rate and read ratings of your professors. One funny aspect of the ratings is the "hotness" factor. I do not kid!!!
*According to Davis' PE teacher, it is time for a little deodorant. (It was directed at the class, not just him.) He was so excited to inform us of this. I decided to go along with this one because the boy gets pretty stinky these days.
*The birds in his classroom are ANNOYING. Perhaps it is because they are named Barack and Michele.
*Bribery is a good incentive for 3rd graders to all the sudden become responsible.
*On the other hand, the freebie "I forgot my lunch" delivery has already been used up and the risk of a cafeteria meal also leads to responsibility.
*Afternoons are really short when you have to complete homework, reading, cooking of supper and soccer practice all at the same time.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe you put the Barak and Michelle joke in there. I mean, yeah, I am laughing, but I'm shocked you said it! You're loosening up on the blog in your old age.
Did they really name the birds Barack and Michelle? Talk about brainwashing children at an early age! Please say it ain't so.
Post a Comment