For the first time since they began to keep records, the metroplex had snow on Christmas Eve!!
I say "made it home" for a reason. The only bad thing about the weather was it kept Carter and Linda home, but my Mom and Don braved the elements for supper...which was good because I had made TONS of enchiladas and I don't like left overs!! Anyway, we had dinner and decided to hit the roads to go to church. We left our house at 5:15 and made it barely to Allen to find the highway shut down. We sat in the traffic for 45 minutes and when we finally got free, turned right back around and ended up at First Baptist McKinney for the worship service intended for adults and older kids! I had to take Wyatt out of the sanctuary for the Lord's Supper which was just as well because until I took him out, I had been wrestling with him and/or Henry and was not quite in the right frame of mind for Lord's Supper! I had never seen anything like this:
http://vimeo.com/8079727 (It starts 1:15 into this message) It was a very powerful way to end a Christmas Eve worship service!
We got home, left cookies for Santa and did a few last minute things and went to bed. The children stayed nestled in their beds until the eldest Frey Guy paid me a visit at 3am. (Why don't the EVER go to dad??????) He told me it was a LONG night and he could not sleep and was hungry. I sent him back with a banana and a warning!!
We woke up to a beautiful white Christmas. All of my boys must have remained on the nice list because Santa came!
1 comments:
Wow, that sand art was something else! Glad you had a happy Christmas. Enjoyed reading your updates from throughout the year. Good to know you still have a functioning brain. Whew! ☺
Post a Comment