To say we've been busy the last few weeks is an understatment. We had a week fighting a stomach virus that went through the family, mom and dad included. Baseball takes 2-3 evenings a week and my class is really keeping me on my toes!! School is going well for Henry. He has the funniest stories to tell each day...we are not sure where he comes up with them!! For a while, he told us they went to the "temple." Sometimes the boys ride in an elevator to the top of the steeple without any teachers. He just goes on and on and Jason and I look at each other and laugh and wonder what is in his head!! This week, he came home and told me, "A girl got kind of kissy with me today. She only kissed me two times though." This is quite a relief because he is under the impression that 8 kisses equals being married!!!
It has been really fun watching Davis play baseball. He is doing really well for his first season, the team, not so much, but they finally won tonight and it was really exciting for them and for us watching! I just have to say, when you watch a MLB game, you know the pitcher is getting paid the big bucks to go out and do his job, but watching these 9 and 10 year old boys go out there and do it...pressure. Davis has been working on it and wants to give it a try and I don't know if I'll be able to watch!!!
Wyatt, well he's Wyatt. Oh, I already see those stereotypical "baby of the family" things in him. He is a clown, always trying to get our attention. And then he turns around and snuggles right up to me and melts my heart. Yes, this mom also exhibits the babying the baby of the family behavior. What can I say!!! We have been working some on potty training. Too bad outdoor trained and pottty trained are not the same thing. As you can see, he has the outdoor thing down!!
Around our house, we have a bit of a makeover in progress. We have been here almost 11 years now and it was time for some maintenance. So for my birthday, my mom and sister and law, Vicki, helped get the ball rolling with Home Depot gift cards and fabric for new curtains. We've re-painted the kitchen and hung new curtains on the sliding door. Mom is making new curtains for the kitchen window and in the living room. We are also going to paint the living room and hallways. It is looking so good and I know why they say a new coat of paint can really change things!!! But then, it got even better!! My friend Jen called me up with a crazy offer! They just moved into a new house and pulled up the brand new carpet (they bought a spec home) to put in wood floors and she offered us some carpet for our living room. I was so excited because our carpet is in terrible shape, but we simply don't have room in our budget to do anything about it right now. It is in our garage waiting to be installed and the color is not too off from what we have, which is great because the bedrooms will not be changed right now. So in a few weeks when it is all done, I will get some pictures up. I just have to survive this week in school first!
0 comments:
Post a Comment