After two weeks of not so patient waiting....Henry finally started pre-school yesterday.

Why the door has become the first day of school posing place, I am not sure! Maybe one day, I will look back at how they have grown up from year to year!!
This summer we've had a little trouble dropping Henry off at church. I couldn't ever figure out why the change...really I think he just made up his mind to do it, but I was a bit concerned we would be in for a major case of drama come the first day of school!! NOT AT ALL!!! He gave his teacher a famous Henry hug and marched right in and made a new friend and went off to play!! When I picked him up he had a huge smile wiped across his face and the whole way home, he could not stop talking about his exciting first day!!! His teacher met me at the door after the when I picked him up and said, "He is BUSY!" My only reply was "good busy or bad busy????" She said good and went on to tell me he was really funny and sweet. Hmmm...
Wyatt also had his first session with his new speech therapist yesterday. We had to cancel last week when he was sick, so I was really excited for her to come. He did well and she wants to focus on a couple of sounds at a time. Yesterday, she worked with him on P and H. She said is interest in/ability to imitate will be helpful. Consider the evidence:
Exhibit A....Goofy grinners
Exhibit B....arms crossed
Exhibit C...the tongues come out!
We'll see how it goes. he is comfortable with her already and that allowed her to spend most of her time working with him instead of having to get him to relax first!
0 comments:
Post a Comment