Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Why is it?


That discipline can often be just as difficult on the parents as it is on the kid. Davis has had a lot of trouble with talking at school lately. Alot. Now, I realize he comes by this trait quite honestly. His mother had plenty of trouble with talking in school also. Right now, Davis is without video game, TV or computer privledges. To earn one back, he must go 5 days at school without being in trouble. Today is day 5 and I am praying this child can keep his mouth shut, because quite honestly, sometimes I need to say, watch a show with Henry so I can do the dishes or cook supper. We are also having a Superbowl/ wii party with friends on Sunday and if he does not earn video game privledges back, wii at the party is out. I am also tired of the whining that has accompanied this period of discipline. Is 5 days without being in trouble too much to ask? Until this point, he averages 1 time each month. I can deal with that. Usually just has to write a note to his teacher and gets a little talk and he is fine. I do, however, relax when talking to the parents of one classmate. They are glad if he has one good day every week. Will we be playing the wii at 3:45............Mommy hopes so!

0 comments: