Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Baketball

Henry has just woken up from a nap and is in his crib talking to himself. Did he wake up calling for mamma? No, in his tough guy voice he is in there saying "basketball, basketball." Of course this is one of his words he has had a long time...even before daddy and Dada (Davis.) It comes out without the "s" so it is "baketball baketball." He is most often attached to the Aggie basketball he got for Christmas. This has caused some problems. I learned not to let him take it to bed so he would not roll onto it and wake up. Short naps are bad, bad things. Then a couple of weeks ago, we were trying to get in from the car and I asked Davis to get the basketball. He failed to come in and tell me it had rolled out and across the street. Sooo...that night when Henry needed his BAKETBALL and none else would do, we frantically search the house for it and only then did Davis remember what happened to it. Jason walked up and down the street with the flashlight and could not find it. We told Davis he was going to have to use his money to replace it. The next day we are in the car and I am telling Davis I plan to get one and I will get the money from him. I turn the corner on to our street and there it is, wedged in the gutter from the heavy rains the night before. Oh how relieved he was...well, both of them!!!

0 comments: