I was at my OB appt. yesterday begging my Dr to let me have a sonogram as soon as possible so we could find out the sex of this baby. We now live in a time that when you are pregnant everyone expects you to know what you are having. Aaah, modern technology. I have a couple of friends who are pregnant and due around the time I am. One of them was told in an 11 week sono that it would probably be a boy. Seemed a little early for the news and I have kept telling her, it's going to be a girl. The nursery is blue, big brother talks about his baby brother growing in mommy's tummy, you know. Yesterday in a sono they were told...it's a GIRL!!!! My other firend is having her first child and they want to wait. I have tried to shop a little and you really can't find clothes in the baby stores that are neutral. Everyone knows, after all, long before the baby is born. With Davis, the modern technology could not do anything because he was not going to uncross his legs for the "camera." And it was fun to not know, it was so cool for him to be born and the Dr. announce "It's a boy!" With Henry, we went in to the sono excited to find out. Davis knew all along it is a boy. Henry gave up his secrets very easily and for 4 1/2 months it was such a joy to talk to Davis about having a baby brother and what it would be like to have 2 boys in our home. So now, here we are again, on the verge of being able to see our baby in a sonogram. I might even get to have a 3-D sono and have a really good look. As much as I enjoyed the surprise with Davis, I enjoyed knowing with Henry. This time I am so anxious to know if this is a girl. I want to know!! I don't know if I can go in the room and tell the sono tech, we don't want to know, but there is a small part of me that hopes the same thing might happen and we just can't tell. Years ago, it was not even an option. Our mothers did not have the wonderful experience of seeing their babies grow inside of them as we do now. The most amazing thing I remember about Davis' sono is when she showed us his beating heart and said, those are the 4 chambers. Right there in front of me was proof that he indeed was being knit together in my womb just as God promises in the Psalms and I got to see it. I like change!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment