Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Strange Feeling

There have been so many people SURE this baby would be a girl that I think I became convinced myself. Well, until the last couple of days, I was thinking it was a boy. Anyway, I began to get used to the thought of a girl. A little scary, yes, but maybe not so bad after all. Giant bows on the head, no way...but pretty pink dresses are actually nice. So today, I find myself feeling a little strange. Not really disappointed, but wondering if I am going to miss out on something by not having a daughter. Jason and I talked about it last night and he put it as only Jason could, "it would have been interesting to have a girl." So him. He's feeling it too. On the other hand, I can't help smiling and laughing at the thought of 3 boys wrestling around this house. Balls being thrown across a room, stinking socks and peed on toilets. One day, if we ever build a house, I might have to go with a suggestion someone made to a friend with 4 boys...build a bathroom with a drain in the floor so all you have to do is hose it down twice a week! My mom gave me a tiara for Christmas, a long standing joke in our family that having 3 kids means I am officially the queen and now she is the queen MOTHER. Think I may be wearing that tiara in the delivery room. Got to get started teaching my THREE sons how to treat a lady!!

1 comments:

Tisha said...

I've heard moms of all boys describe something very special about being the only lady in the house. You'll have no competition for the Queen throne!
I've always been thankful to know ahead of time to get used to the idea of what's coming...
We are thrilled for you and your THREE SONS!!