Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby Necklace

A few weeks before Davis was born, Jason and I had one last pre-baby special weekend together. We were out to eat and as we were waiting, Jason pulls out a small box for me. Easily recognizable as a jewelry box. I opened it up and he had bought a beautiful neclace for me. It is still the necklace I wear most often.

Fast forward. Right before Henry was born, another. This necklace has a long "drop" on it and he explained to me that he selected this one because it made him think of the long road we had trying to have Henry.

Fast forward again. Now you are getting it! I did not have a great day yesterday. After we ate supper, I went back to our bed room to lay down. 5 seconds later all 3 Frey guys enter the room. I looked at Jason and said, "what are you doing?" To which he replied, "we just wanted to be together with you." I am thinking, this is not the best time for me. Then Davis looks at me like something is up and pulls out from behind his back another jewelry box. Last night I was given my baby necklace. It is beautiful and I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who thinks of things like this. As we sat there, I had a little talk with Davis and told him to remember this...for the day when he is all grown up and his own wife...well I can not say it, but you know.

"I jammin' mommy!"

1 comments:

Tisha said...

Pictures of the necklace please.