Saturday, January 31, 2009

Basketball

Davis and his teammate and best friend, Zane.

Davis' basketball season has started up again. Today the game was during W and H's naptime. Usually, I would stay home and Jason would take Davis to his game but this morning, I decided it would be my turn to get out. Jason was not too upset because this meant he would be able to stay home and watch the Aggies play basketball! Turns out, I got the better end of the deal. We had to be there early for pictures. After pictures, we still had 45 minutes until the game. The boys practiced on the outdoor courts and I sat with my friend Jen and we got to talk. Once the game started, the other team took a 4-1 lead. With about 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter, Davis team scored then got a quick steal and went down to win the game in the final seconds. They missed the shot and then I wised up and realized...there was still a quarter left to go. (Be nice and remember basketball is my least favorite sport and I am there to support my son in spirit but my mind was wondering as I was trying to teach Jen how to use her new camera.) The 4th quarter began and the other team scored again so if my math is correct, the score was now 6-3. Davis team scored and the game remained 6-5. Then it got exciting. I can't remember all the details (but by this point, I was watching the game) but our guys went up 9-8 with 40 seconds left. The other team went down and we got a steal. Missed the shot, but it ate time off the clock. The other team in-bounded the ball with about 10 seconds left, but when you are in 2nd grade, dribbling down the court takes about 10 seconds, the buzzer sounded and the Jets WON!!!
Davis has turned into a pretty great defensive player this season. He even hit the floor a couple of times today and grabbed some great re-bounds.

0 comments: