Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Day

I remember the feeling of anticipation....could it, would it???the weather, that is, shut down school for a day? A bonus day of vacation! Yesterday, after picking the boys up early I was wondering where was all this ice Pete Delkus was talking about. Then last night, I heard it... freezing rain pelting the windows. Before we went to bed, we knew at least school would be delayed, and after looking out the window, I was pretty certain we would receive a 6 am wake-up call from MISD letting us know....."due to inclement weather and hazardous road conditions, all McKinney ISD schools will be closed." And it came. 5:58 am to be exact. And then came Henry and all of my hopes of sleeping in on this ice day!! (There went a little of the magic.) Davis certainly understands the magic. His rely when told..."s-weet" and then he went back to bed. So we hung out in PJ's, watched TV, read books, played legos, napped all in all it was a lazy, magic day!!Icicles harvested from the neighbor's roof. Stored in the freezer for posterity! I might pull them out in April when Davis has to make up this "bonus" vacation day.

0 comments: