Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Living Museum

No matter what I do, time keeps ticking away. In just 2 days, Davis will be a 4th grader!! He has accomplished so much this year. He has made great strides in reading and earned a "Commended" score on his TAKS test. This means he did not miss more than 2 questions on his test! Wow!!!

The last few weeks of the year have been spent studying Greek Mythology. Davis has really enjoyed learning about all the characters. Their study culminated in a "Living Museum." Each student was a mythological character and as you tour the museum and push their button, they come alive and give you a glimpse of what they did. Davis was Poseidon:


It is hard to hear him, so this is what he said!

"I am the great and powerful Poseidon. My Roman name is Neptune. Sailors try to stay on my good side because I can make whirlpools and tidal waves. I competed with Athena but lost to an olive tree. I gave the city salt water but they could not use it." All delivered with a bit of attitude.

Mom and a couple of friends and I also prepared a Greek food feast for their class. We made baklava, tyropetes and hummus. The kids did a great job trying the different foods and even decided they liked them!

0 comments: